Posted by christinew603
As marketers, we can’t turn a corner without hearing about how to generate leads with existing content. But CRO [Conversion Rate Optimization] is about so much more than just leveraging content in different ways; optimization is really the process of finding out and testing how to convert people on your site pages, landing pages, blog posts, and marketing efforts.
Don’t know where to start? Listen to these five actionable talks from a few of today’s top conversion experts. Hear directly from the landing page, copywriting, mobile, and conversion design experts on how to optimize your marketing for lead conversion. (And save your spot in a live Google Hangout with these experts and HubSpot on June 1st!)
1. Peep Laja – How to Turn Data into Insights & Customers
Bio via ConversionXL:
As ConversionXL founder, Peep is an entrepreneur and conversion optimization expert with 10+ years of global experience. He has extensive experience across verticals: in the past he’s run a software company in Europe, an SEO agency in Panama, a real estate portal in Dubai, and worked for an international non-profit.
In this talk from TractionConf, Peep covers:
- 6 steps to thinking of conversion optimization as a process and not tactics
- Why “best practices” aren’t necessarily the best ways to optimize your own blog posts and landing pages
- Digging into the formula for conversion success (hint: it starts with the number of tests run, the percentage of winning tests, and impact per successful experiment)
- Getting better data, not more
- Gathering qualitative and quantitative data to find out if your ideas are actually good
- Identifying problems and holes for conversion on your site
2. Oli Gardner – 4 Corners of Conversion
Bio via Inbound.org:
Unbounce’s legendary Oli Gardner has seen more landing pages than anyone on the planet. His disdain for marketers who send campaign traffic to their homepage is legendary. He is a prolific webinar guest and writer, and speaks internationally about conversion-centered design where he is consistently ranked as the top speaker.
In this presentation from INBOUND15, you’ll learn:
- Bull sh*t marketing and how to spot it on your own landing pages
- Conversion-centered design and utilizing psychology for conversion
- How to apply the 4 corners of conversion — copy, design, interaction, and psychology — in all forms of your marketing, not just landing pages
- Utilizing information hierarchy and ensuring your copy comes before design
3. Joanna Wiebe – 3 Undeniably Real Test-Proof Truths That Will Shake What You Know About Copywriting
Bio via Inbound.org:
As copywriter and creator of Copy Hackers, Joanna helps startups use their words so people fall in love with them, flood them in cash, tell all their friends about them, and name their firstborn after them. (“Buffer Anastasia McGillicuddy. That’s got a nice ring to it.”)
In this particular talk from CallToAction Conference 2014, she covers:
- How to approach “clever” copy and learning to write for conversion
- How to lead a headline: what we’ve learned from the advertising world of David Ogilvy and modernizing those ideas
- What color your buttons should actually be
- How to break patterns in language and copy when you’re stuck
- Ideas for new tests to run on your pages
4. Tim Ash – Mobile Conversion Strategies
Bio via SiteTuners:
Tim Ash is the author of the bestselling book, Landing Page Optimization, and CEO of SiteTuners. A computer scientist and cognitive scientist by education (his PhD studies were in Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence), Tim has developed an expertise in user-centered design, persuasion and understanding online behavior, and landing page testing. In the mid-1990s he became one of the early pioneers in the discipline of website conversion rate optimization.
At INBOUND15, Tim covered:
- Top 10 things to stop doing on your mobile pages
- How to manage navigation on mobile and prioritize content
- Setting expectations for your mobile users and acknowledging their attention spans
5. Angie Schottmuller – 7 Secrets to Drive Epic Conversion with Hero Shot Images
Bio via LinkedIn:
Angie is an inbound marketing thought leader skilled at wielding magnetic content optimized for search, social, conversion, and mobile. With over seventeen years in multichannel B2B and B2C experience in both agency and corporation settings leading successful marketing technology projects for brands like Nestle USA, Gerber, Red Wing Shoes, Andersen Windows, The Home Depot, and more, she’s adept at harnessing online and emerging technologies to drive tangible results for improving business — social engagement, lead generation, sales conversion, customer loyalty, and brand advocacy.
At Conversionista Conference, Angie talks about:
- 7 hero shot persuasion factors to learn and test from
- How to say more in a visual than header text
- Connecting hero images in your marketing
- How to persuade through credible imagery and encourage prospects
- Staying away from “fancy” brand images and gearing hero shots for conversion
Want to see some of these experts in action? Learn all about how to increase your lead conversion in a live Google Hangout on June 1st!
Save me a seat!
Sign up for The Moz Top 10, a semimonthly mailer updating you on the top ten hottest pieces of SEO news, tips, and rad links uncovered by the Moz team. Think of it as your exclusive digest of stuff you don’t have time to hunt down but want to read!